Thursday, November 29, 2018

I concluded my last post with the following question: "What is one thing you love about this time in your life?"

With confidence, I can name several things that I'm loving about this time in my life.  First of all, I am loving NOT being in high school.  (sigh)  The late 90s for this chic was an interesting time; turtlenecks, the Seattle sound and Victoria's Secret Romantic Bouquet body lotion were probably the high points.  High school for most, I am going to assume, is a challenging time for every single person.  Teenage years are rough enough with all the physical changes happening (in the bod).  Lets throw in hormonal bs, homework, social pressures...…. to summarize with the phrase a comedy of errors is an understatement.

A 3-sport athlete and an AT-BEST B- student, high school through my eyes would have been an amazing reality show.  I had lots of friends and excelled in sports.  I never felt like I fit in-- rather, I wasn't "in" the popular clique.  All things aside, I loved all the boys I graduated with and felt more comfortable with them than the girls.

There is something to be said about age and wisdom.  The simpler things in life become precious while superficial crap falls to the wayside as age creeps up.  I have found my tribe and want to cultivate those relationships instead of finding drinking buddies (in my 20s).

While still very much wanting to evolve and better myself, I am growing more comfortable in my own skin.  I still have insecurities, and Lordy B having kids does NOT help that, but I am more accepting of how I am wired.  I will never be an introverted person.  I will never be soft spoken and timid.  I can no longer wish to have a less passionate approach-- its the way God made me.  Ya gotta work with what ya got.

In my 20s (this is hindsight) I was searching.  I can't tell you what I was searching for-- acceptance?  A husband?  A smaller ass?  Who knows.  My search is more or less a path now.  I'm walking the path and looking at whats around instead of just looking forward.

Conclusion:  This season of life feels good.  I feel comfortable yet not complacent.  There is still progress to be made.  I know who my friends are and I have a wonderful family and life partner.


No comments:

Why are you worth knowing? We all circle the drain of qualifying our worth/what we are giving back to the universe...…. don't we?  I s...