Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Happy Singles Awareness Day!  Hope your day (thus far) has been filled with all things love related; puppies, flowers, hearts, chocolate, Target sweatpants and Air Supply.  Today also happens to be Ash Wednesday, which I was reminded of by my 5 year old.  "Mom.  Jesus died on the cross.  Then we went to church.  I closed my eyes."  Well said Beau, well said.

I'm not really a Valentines Day kinda gal, but I am a mild participant of Lent.  I think it's a nice idea to sacrifice a little/give back a little more at least once per year.  My maternal grandmother always gave up beer and sweets for Lent (Keystone Light, Caramel Creams and All Sort licorice chews).  I usually try and not to swear/be a little nicer when I really don't want to be, but it only lasts about one day.  Here is to giving it one more try!


No comments:

Why are you worth knowing? We all circle the drain of qualifying our worth/what we are giving back to the universe...…. don't we?  I s...