Thursday, March 6, 2014

Act 2, Dog Disaster:

I picked up Kasia yesterday afternoon from the vet.  Her surgery went well and only $900 later, she is on the mend AGAIN.  I now know the life does have some accuracy.  2 steps forward, 4 steps back.  Fact.  I'm being a bit melodramatic-- its just frustration mainly….  I feel bad that my dog had to go through this horseshit again.  Since canines can't talk and only express themselves through their ears and bike flags (tails), I feel extra sad for my little hairy unicorn.

For my Lenten promise I have given up Facebook.  I was checking my phone a bit too often-- so, I am taking a sabbatical from the page.  Not that I adhere to all the Catholic rules, and we all know there are lots, I do think giving up something once in a while are good for character.  Plus, I couldn't get to church last night.  I'm already a bad Catholic.

We put an offer in on a short sale yesterday.  Short sales can take several months to be approved by the bank-- so fingers crossed we get it.  The house is 3700 sq. ft and was dirt cheap.  We could flip that bad boy and make a nice profit.  Plus, Chris and I work very well together when it comes to home projects.

For those that don't know my Chris, he is very talented when it comes to visualizing what something could be and design.  Not to toot my own horn but, I too know my way around a design center.  I should've gotten my ASID (design certification).  So, this potential project will be a nice outlet for both of us to make a turd into a beautiful gem.

Anyone out there know what to do with old laptops?  We have two-- can they be refurbished?  Does Best Buy offer that service?  I hate to toss them.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think you can trade the laptops in at BB for credit there- check the Best Buy website and they will guide you through how to do it. You won't get a lot, but better than nothing…maybe, unless you find a better option. Fingers crossed on the house for you- chronicle it on the blog if you get it!!

Why are you worth knowing? We all circle the drain of qualifying our worth/what we are giving back to the universe...…. don't we?  I s...