Thursday, July 12, 2012

Life Changes

Well, I don't have baby news to report however, I have job front news to share.  I got laid off yesterday.  I'm sorry, the correct term is Reduction In Force.  Hi-Cone eliminated my position.  Talk about a punch in the junk.  The biggest canker sore in this whole situation?  Losing my Subaru Outback (rightfully named Lurleen), which was my company car, has been the hardest.

Fortunately, I was able to keep my Blackberry and they gave me a nice severance.  I'll have insurance through the end of August, which is awesome.  You know, in reflecting over the past few months, I prayed for this to happen.  Essentially, I get to take a few months off and enjoy our new baby, master the art of nursing and manage the household.  So, for all you pray-ers out there-- be careful what you pray for.  Jesus makes it happen.

I'm feeling very positive and hopeful for what lay ahead.  A new baby, time to take Kasia to the dog park, time for new baby, time to catch up on Mad Men..... things could be a whole lot worse.

2 comments:

marienkafer said...

I was so sorry to hear the news. As I commented to my Chris, though... it's the best worst time for this to happen. Your months of freedom will fly. And I'm sure good things are coming your way. Besides your bundle, of course. :)

Katie said...

I'm sorry about you getting laid off, but I have to say that it happened at a pretty awesome time! I'm sure there will be some financial worries, but hopefully it means a little more time with your baby boy! Also sorry about the Subaru...we are very fond of ours at the moment, especially since the Ford needed a new battery today...stupid American cars.

Why are you worth knowing? We all circle the drain of qualifying our worth/what we are giving back to the universe...…. don't we?  I s...